Do you want to know how to convert MKV to AVI using dedicated software? Let’s read this blog to learn all about them.
MKV is a high-quality video format that can be used to store videos on your portable device. But usually, when we try to watch them on the little screens or switch them over others, it doesn’t always work out very well, especially if there are unique features involved like subtitle tracks. Convert normal MKV video files into other formats with ease using the following free tools:
Top Picks of MKV to AVI Converter
1- EaseUS Video Converter – Best MKV to AVI Converter Freeware
Compatibility: Windows 11/10/8/7
Whether you want to convert MKV files or not, there is always a solution with EaseUS Video Converter. It can help users convert video and audio in seconds as well. For example, it supports more than 1000 formats such as AVI, MP3, FLAC, and more. These formats will allow your videos to play on all devices without losing quality. The options provided by this program include changing resolutions and frames per second. It makes sure everything looks good when converting won’t be an issue anymore.
- Its HD, 2K & 4k conversion service can help you convert any video in a matter of minutes.
- It offers high speeds and support for multiple output formats to ensure that your media is performed quickly.
- The built-in player enables real-time preview, making editing easier than ever before.
- The software support multiple file formats.
- Before your final result, you can preview your output and change it accordingly.
- The free edition has limited option accessibility.
2- EaseUS Video Editor – Best Tool to Convert MKV to AVI Free
Compatibility: Windows 10/8.1/8/7
Video editing can be a difficult task, and you have many programs to choose from. However, if your goal is converting videos for use in other formats such as MKV files or MOV ones, then EaseUS Video Editor is here. With converting HD videos into whatever formats without sacrificing quality on top of all these features, GIFs are just another thing converted too with great ability.
- It assists with a wide range of file types.
- The software offers excessive editing tools and effects to prefer from, including Chroma Key.
- Above 50 specialties that will make your video occupy a place in the circle.
- It has easy to access the user interface.
- There is a wide range of effects to apply.
- There is a good choice of overlays.
- It has limited footage editing choices.
3- HandBrake – Best Free MKV to AVI Converter
HandBrake is a free, easy-to-use MKV converter that gives Mac users ultimate control over video conversion. With high-level features supporting you out, the process of video editing will appear less daunting than ever before. The most satisfying role of this software is its ability across both operating systems. It means if your computer or laptop runs Windows as well, then Handbrake can take care of everything for you.
- The open-source mixture program software enables you to batch scan, and line up encodes.
- It also has support for VFR for those who need it.
- It has live static preview options as well.
- All of this comes in a variety with lots of filters.
- The latest version of this popular software offers even more control options.
- It has fast converting rates.
- The user interface of the video editor is too complicated for beginners.
- It only supports a few formats and not all the needed ones to make videos on Instagram or YouTube.
4- DivX Converter
DivX Converter offers a simple and easy-to-use interface that even beginners can handle. Offering free and paid accounts options, DivX has high-quality conversions with fast processing times. It is all backed up by their guarantee of ensuring no loss in video quality. The free version supports up to 4K resolutions, while the paid one does not limit conversion speed or resolution users.
- The video-sales platform allows you to produce a high-quality product in no time.
- It has seamless cross-device adaptability.
- Moreover, the tool gives up to 4K resolution.
- It has decent conversion speed for its small price tag.
- It has a natural and easy-to-carry interface.
- The advanced version is available at a reasonable price.
- The free version of this program is stuffed with ads and upsells, which can be annoying.
- It also occasionally freezes.
- The advanced version of software may also freeze while working.
CloudConvert is a web-based video editing platform that uses Chrome and Edge browsers. The conversion service can convert your MKV files in the fastest way possible with no installation required on system-wide programs or plugins, meaning you’ll always have access to it as long as you’re signed into the CloudConvert website.
- The quick and easy-to-use utility enables you to download any file type in a matter of seconds.
- You can be sure that the converter supports more than 200 formats.
- There’s no demand for lengthy installation methods or complex programs.
- Optimize your videos with this easy-to-use online converter.
- This will help you make it easier for people to view the content on their screens with high quality.
- It converts video files in just one click.
- Just download fast & secure software.
- Uploading files to the CloudConvert database can be a bit of a difficult process.
- It’s not as easy and does not allow unlimited formats.
- API is not efficient.
Convertfiles is an easy-to-use and free platform for converting MKV files. You can upload your video, select the preferred format of output codecs then convert it all in one simple step. With Convert Files, you won’t have to worry about complicated conversions.
- Get access to a wide range of files in your preferred formats.
- There is no annoying advertisement.
- It offers secure and fast video streaming.
- Access to your file freely and quickly.
- It can transform low-end videos into high-end ones.
- A website does not need to be installed on your computer, and it’s easy for beginners.
- It is not comfortable to use due to the bulk of advertisements.
- The software does not support a group of conversions at the same time.
- It cannot operate if the internet is blocked.
You can now enjoy MKV conversions with a free and easy-to-use platform! With the help of ZamZar, all you need to do is upload your video files onto their website. Once they’re formatted correctly for conversion, just hit “Convert” to convert them into converter formats such as Divx or Xvid. It will play on virtually any device imaginable, including mobile phones, tablets, PCs, etc. If you’re interested in MKV to MP4 converters, you can check the post.
- The perfect tool to convert your files.
- It doesn’t need any extra installation.
- The software carries over 1200 types of file formats!
- In just 10 minutes, you’ll have all the videos converted into different video or audio codecs.
- Do not get the stress of advertisement.
- The platform is simple to use for beginners.
- It has a friendly, approachable output.
- You can access it through the web browser on Windows or Mac.
- The upload speed of ZamZar is slow.
- It can be tough to use for people with low internet connections.
The above-listed video converters can be efficient, but if you want the best performance and fast conversion speeds, we recommend using EaseUS Video Converter. It’s not only powerful enough for MKV conversions. This software also offers smooth operation with other formats such as AVI or WMV.